Thursday, April 3, 2008

School Picture Day






Sorry for not writing more often but that's just the way it is. I don't do my e-mails as much or talk on the phone as much or clean the house as much but .... that's OK. I'm doing other things. Like raising a large family. It still hasn't dawned on me that I'm the only one I know with 7 children. I hope to meet another large family in my lifetime. They are few and far between.

We decided to have our school pictures taken today so we went to Stone Mountain park. How many kids can say they have their picture day there? Homeschooling has it's perks!

Things are going well as we are all learning to get along and become a "Big Fat Happy Family". We've gotten the "buddy system" down when going places and have even had the manager at a grocery store give me a dozen roses because she was shocked that 7 children could go through the store and not be heard. Little did she know that I gave them the "mean mommy" speech in the parking lot just seconds earlier. It worked and we were a blessing to others. Life is different but just as special and we still covet all your prayers.

8 comments:

Three Fold Cord said...

They all look so great!! I think of you often and enjoy the blog updates. Tell me if Katherine is ready to babysit. I would love to have a babysitter so close. My sisters babysit often but when I am in a pickle I could call you.
Love-
Char

Anonymous said...

The children are so blessed that even your mean mommy speech is loving. God is so richly present in your family and we couldn't be more thrilled for you.
The Wood Family
Tracee, Jeff, Abbee & Cassee

Life throws you surprises! said...

Maryland is full of large families. Of coarse we only have four but almost everyone I know has more than me. Do you know of Vision Forum? They are great supporters of large families

All the kids look great!

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

I am so glad to have an update,I often wonder how it is going,we are still waiting on our match.I hope you can find time to blog more,it really is a great tool to help others in the adoption or large family situation.Jill

Jan said...

What a beautiful family!!! I am so sorry I had to miss your "reunion" party. I've got a little goody for you. I need to get that to you sometime soon!!

Many blessings to you all!

Tonya said...

Wow, they're a cute bunch! You are so blessed!:):):). Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is Julia - I sat next to Mr. Streater on our flight to Chicago! I heard all about your new family! The pictures are absolutely awesome! I will definitley be praying for you all with the many new adjustments! If I end up figuring out how to start a blog, I will be in touch. Otherwise, here's my e-mail address: jclem264students.bju.edu. I didn't get a chance to say "goodbye." But, it was very nice to meet you and hear how the Lord is using your family!
Julia

Mike and Gail said...

We have seven. What state are you in? Love the pictures. :)