Monday, January 21, 2008

I Just Visited the Children

These pictures are not in the right order.
So sorry I have no idea how to do this.





Gabriel and his guitar. He's very proud of it and wants to bring it on the plane.

Alyssa being a Princess in my coat.

Perry and I had just put his picture book together of our first visit. I gave him Thomas the Train stickers to add to his book. He's very proud of the front.

The boys out sledding at their foster home. Perry squeals with delight.
Outside with the boys.


Alyssa showing her monkeys she got at Christmas.
Meeting the children for the first time. They are giving me little gifts.
Reading Perry a book.
Feeding Perry and Alyssa Smarty candies.
A group picture at our first visit.
The car I drove all over town.




Yes its hard to believe but I just got back last night after visiting the children in Washington. It all started out after I learned of a lady named Nancy Thomas who specializes in adopted children and I ordered some of her books. While on her web site I noticed her seminars and noticed that she was going to be in the same town as the children. Burt and I thought, wouldn't that be funny if we were there the same time as her seminar. Well we weren't but with things going so slowly Burt said I should go and see the children at the same time. We asked the social worker if that was doable and she said yes. Because of some very special friends who gave us Buddy passes I was able to go at the drop of a hat. (Thanks guys, you're the best). It took me 3 planes to get out there and 2 to get back. I left on Wed. and got back on Sun. What an experience. I couldn't have orchestrated it better myself. God was in control and took care of me the whole way. I got to see the children for 2 hours on Thur. at their group visit and then on Fri. I visited the boys at their foster home and on Sat. visited Alyssa at hers. I met some fantastic people at the conference and had lots of kisses and hugs from the children. Thank you all so much for your support and prayers. We are truely blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I started crying when I saw those pictures of the kids. I'm still trying to keep them in (since I am in the computer lab with others around hehe). they are tears of joy and hope because those kids already look at you like they love you. You and Burt and the girls are doing a beautiful thing.

I love you all.

Tim

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

Yipppeee!This is wonderful to hear.Jill

Tonya said...

I looked at the pics as soon as I got your e-mail but didn't have time to leave a comment so I'm back to say CONGRATULATIONS Mommy x8:):):). They are darling! I'm so glad you got to visit with them!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and Burt and girls,

We had no idea you had this blog. We have been in FL the past 3 weeks and were glad to get your card on our return. What you are doing is a wonderful, selfless mission. So sorry this is taking so long, but know you will remain strong. Glad your trip to see the children went so well. They are precious and so are the girls. They are so grown up now.
We are keeping all of you in our prayers.

Love.
Suzanne and Warren

PS It is snowing here right now.